Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Triple A Workout

The following is my weight training regime for my arms, abs, and ass, or Triple A.
I've added images for a few of the exercises.

Warm up: Walk for 10 min, which is a lap around my block.

For the following, increase reps as necessary.  Your muscles should be fatigued by the end of 3 sets.

  • Crunches: 3 sets, 30 reps. 
  • Torso Flex: 3 sets, 12-15 reps. 
  • Leg Lifts/Raises: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.  Do not confuse this with Side-Lying Leg Lifts.
  • Reverse Crunch: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.

The Reverse Crunch can be done with or without bracing oneself.  Here are pictures of each.

I have back issues, so I usually do the braced one on my bed (I have a fairly firm mattress) and hook my hands under the top mattress.
Oh, and if you do the unbraced version, don't follow the steps in the order shown in the pic.  The order should be B, A, C.

For the following, increase weight as necessary.  Your muscles should be fatigued by the end of 3 sets.

  • Flyes: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.  Focuses on chest.



  • Bicep curls: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.
  • Bent-over Tricep Extension: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.



  • Side Lateral Arm Raises: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.  Focuses on deltoids, or shoulders.
  • Overhead Presses: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.  Focuses on deltoids.
  • Standing Two-Hand Tricep Press: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.




  • Quadruped Hip Extensions: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.  Increase reps as necessary.  Be careful to not straighten your leg during lift, as you could pull a hamstring.  This is also called a Bent-Leg Raise on all fours.  This can be done with a free weight in the crook behind your knee, but I haven't attempted that yet.

In the picture, she's on her elbows and knees.  I do it hands and knees.


  • Standing Side Leg Lifts: 3 sets, 12-15 reps.  You might need a chair for balance.  This technically works the outer thigh, but the balancing leg gets a heck of a workout in the gluteus maximus.

Cool-Down: Always, always, ALWAYS stretch at the end!  I learned the hard way that my muscles punish me WAY more when I don't stretch at the end than when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment